xLenorex

Lenore

I'm a hopeful cynic.

Hue, Tint and Shade (Petit Morts, #1)

Among the Living (PsyCop #1) - Jordan Castillo Price I've wanted to read this forever and I was thrilled when I got it as a Christmas present.I had a couple of issues with this story, the first one being that it felt too short. But it's a series so maybe that can be solved quite easily. I also couldn't picture Victor very well, I only got that he was tall and dark-haired. I had no such problem with Jacob, who by the way was yum! Why did Jacob fancy Vic that much was another head-scratching moment. The intimate scenes were kinda mediocre but that was OK, I wasn't focused on them that much.I really liked the paranormal elements in the story, especially how psychics/mediums could become police detectives after some tough training and how they were partnered with non-psychics (or Stiffs) to solve murders. I also found the si-no talent Vic's partner, Lisa, had, pretty cool. My absolute favourite was that there was a really potent drug, Auracel, that could be used to suppress one's psychic powers. I usually don't like stories with first-person narrative but this was pretty balanced and I didn't feel it deducted from the story. So, my overall impression was good and I'm pretty curious to see what happens next.