xLenorex

Lenore

I'm a hopeful cynic.

Catching Fire (Hunger Games Series #2)

Catching Fire  - Suzanne  Collins I didn't like this installment as much as I liked the first one. Most of the time I had the feeling I was reading a slightly altered (and less interesting) version of the first book, to be honest.I didn't identify with Katniss that much, nor did I sympathize with her troubles. Not as much as I did in the first book, anyway.But I liked Peeta better in this one. He felt clearer and more determined. I have to admit I found the whole "Peeta or Gale" dilemma a tad irritating. I felt like the author threw it there to spice things up but eventually not succeeding. Katniss choosing Gale before the games and then discovering she has feelings for Peeta after kissing him on that beach? No wonder she's only 17. She has a long way to go to reach maturity. But then again, if the author had made Katniss really choose one boy over the other in the second part, she wouldn't have much leverage in the third one, would she?Anyway. This was a fairly interesting read and I will be reading the third, and last, installment, just to close the circle.