xLenorex

Lenore

I'm a hopeful cynic.

Special Forces - Soldiers (Special Forces, #1) - Aleksandr Voinov,  Marquesate,  Vashtan I should start by admitting that it took me some time to get used to the style and rhythm. But once I did, I couldn't put it down for the life of me.And I still think this book could benefit from some additional editing. It could make the difference between a rough diamond and a polished masterpiece.But still. This is hands down the most powerful read of the year for me. And easily one of the most powerful books I've ever read.Whatever I say about the emotions Vadim and Dan evoked in me won't be enough. Words simply fail me.Just a couple of attempts: That one special encounter in that mountain cave when Dan finally kisses Vadim after so many years, then awkwardly expresses his feelings for him? I was so overwhelmed my hands shook.That scene in the ICU when Vadim, about to collapse after having crossed two countries almost on foot and almost without food and water, drops to his knees and cries his heart out holding Dan's hand? I cried. I did. And that doesn't happen to me very often. If at all.I've given five stars to other books here on GR, but I wish there were a way to distinguish between those ratings and this one. They simply pale in comparison.A big "thank you" to Mel for drawing my attention to this book.