xLenorex

Lenore

I'm a hopeful cynic.

Heart in Hand - salifiable I had no idea who Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin were before reading this. Nor was I any ice hockey expert. To be honest I am still not interested in learning more about either the players or the sport. Heck, it took me some twenty years and a very patient and persistent husband to understand what an "offside" is. And that's football. Do they have offsides in ice hockey? But I digress.This reads like a young adult story, really. Very light to no explicit content and two heroes thinking and behaving like teenagers. From what I gather, the RL players are not much older anyway.It's a single POV story (Sidney's) but that's OK because seeing Ovechkin through Sidney's eyes makes him come across funnier.This is also the cheesiest story I've read in a long time. If only coming out were so easy. If only reality TV producers were so considerate. If only people (and celebrities at that) decided to go ahead and do it because of some touching letters from some kids. If only bosses and colleagues and family and friends were so accepting and supporting. If only the first thing everyone heard when they came out were "there's nothing wrong with being gay". This story doesn't exactly glamorize coming out but it doesn't make it sound all that bad either. That's a good and a bad thing at the same time but I'll choose to see the good side here and think that it could make some people out there smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It certainly had that effect on me.Oh, and Kate? I'm still a Sidney person :)